When you’re faced with the need to find care, it can be a confusing and frustrating business. There are so many things to sort out, things can change suddenly, and you need to think about what the future may hold.
Most importantly, whatever decisions you make, you and your family need to feel confident that your loved ones will be comfortable and well cared for. Eldercare is here to help you with expert advice to guide you through the decision making process.
We’ll listen carefully to your circumstances, needs and wishes, discuss your situation in detail, and support you through the next steps, helping you make sure that the decisions you make are informed decisions
Our advice is provided by experienced care advisers, who can help you explore the different kinds of care available, local sources of support from the local authority, the voluntary and private sectors, funding and any benefits that you may be entitled to.
This service is free to users of our personal alarms and their families or representatives or is available for a one-off fee. Then should the time come for you to consider residential and/or nursing care for your loved ones, we can offer you bespoke research into the most suitable care providers for your needs.
- Hospital discharge
- NHS and local authority responsibilities
- State benefits and funding of care
- The pros and cons of care options
- Selecting the best care providers
- Our advice service is easy to access, friendly and unintimidating
- Our advice line is open from 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday, and you can call us to arrange a detailed telephone discussion and for general advice.
- One of our expert advisers will call you at a pre-arranged time to discuss your situation. They’ll listen to your concerns and help you with the issues you may have in finding care. Then they’ll send you all the relevant information as an invaluable first step in getting your loved ones the care they need.
- Should you need it, we can also provide you with our bespoke care search service, which again is available for a one-off fee and is closely matched to your needs.
Eldercare’s Care Search service
This works in much the same way as our expert care advice. You simply book a confidential telephone consultation with one of our expert advisers at a time that’s convenient for you.
Your adviser will listen to your concerns, needs and wishes, and discuss your situation in detail. They’ll then use their extensive knowledge of care providers to send you a report on the locally available services that offer you the closest match.
This could include a shortlist of home carers and/or vacancies in care homes, with the relevant, information and inspection reports, and is included in the one-off fee of £695. And your care adviser will still be available for further follow-up advice and reporting, until you’ve found the best answer for you and your loved one’s needs.