A linked gas detector will activate within the property when either natural gas or carbon monoxide is detected. It will also send a message through to Eldercare’s Response Centre to alert them that gas has been detected within the property.
Who is it for?
Useful for those who have cognitive or memory impairment who may be unable to raise the alert themselves in the event of a gas leak within the property.
Those for those with physical or mental impairment who would require additional help in exiting the property in the case of a gas leak.
Those who may not have a sense of smell and may not realise that there is a gas leak within the property
For those who may be prone to leaving the gas open on their gas cooked.
How does it work?
When either natural gas or carbon monoxide is detected, the unit provides a loud audible warning to the user and automatically sends an emergency alarm signal through the Alarm Unit to the Response Centre.
When the signal is received at the Response Centre, the alarm is recognised as a priority call, and the operator can contact the resident to double check it is not a false alarm, if there is no response or the alarm is confirmed, the emergency services can be alerted.