Should you decide to purchase the Eldercare Personal Alarm Service, you are asked to agree to the following terms. This agreement will commence from the date you confirm your acceptance of the terms and will continue until confirmed by written notification of termination (and return of the Eldercare equipment if applicable). Once the agreement commences, you will have 21 days for the right to cancel it. Please contact us in writing to tell us that you have decided to cancel.
- Will undertake to answer calls from your Eldercare equipment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Will, on receiving a call for assistance, take immediate action to contact a key holder, a doctor or the emergency services as appropriate.
- Sell equipment that includes a manufacturer’s warranty should it malfunction.
- Cannot accept responsibility for equipment not supplied by, or purchased from, Eldercare.
- Cannot be held responsible for failure of the service due to circumstances beyond its control including but not limited to: calls not received by the control centre due to problems with telephone lines, delay or failure by the emergency services to respond or adverse weather conditions.
- Will not accept responsibility if delays occur in answering the client due to problems with the service user’s telephone line being occupied by an answering machine or service, fax machine, internet connection or other telephone equipment.
- Reserves the right to (i) end the Eldercare service at the discretion of the Control Centre Manager, for example, in cases of misuse or non-payment when the service user is responsible for payment (although reasonable consideration will be given if the service user has financial problems) and (ii) review the price of the Eldercare service fee and to notify the service user/service user’s representative of any change in the service fee charge with two months written notice.
- Take protection of vulnerable adults very seriously. If any of our team suspects that there are any causes for concern, they will, with the service user’s consent, raise them with the relevant authorities.
- Reserves the right to subcontract any work relating to the contract without obtaining the consent of, or giving notice to, the customer.
If the equipment is hired from Eldercare (UK) Ltd,
- Will replace the Eldercare equipment should it malfunction as soon as is practicable, usually within 24 hours.
- In the event the service is terminated the equipment may be recovered from the service user/service user’s representative. In the event the equipment cannot be recovered, Eldercare (UK) Ltd reserves the right to charge a sum equivalent to the current value of the equipment.
The service user/service user’s representative agrees to:
- Ensure that the key holders listed have been contacted, are willing to participate and have a key to the service user’s home.
- Inform Eldercare (UK) Ltd of any relevant changes to the service user’s personal circumstances or to key holder details.
- Inform Eldercare (UK) Ltd of periods when they are going to be away from home e.g. on holiday or a stay in hospital.
- Test the equipment once a month to ensure that it is working properly.
- Give 28 days notice of requirement to terminate the service. Termination will be effective 28 days from notification.
- Your information being shared in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2016.
- Agree to calls that are made to the control centre being recorded for monitoring purposes and retained for a minimum of 12 months.
If you choose to hire the equipment necessary for Eldercare (UK) Ltd to provide the service, you understand that the equipment always remains the property of Eldercare (UK) Ltd. You agree to:
- Take reasonable care of the Eldercare equipment and be responsible for any breakage, loss or accidental damage.
- Take responsibility for insuring the Eldercare equipment under their household insurance policy.
- Not sell, dispose of or part with the possession of the Eldercare equipment; understanding that the equipment may be recovered after the service has been terminated. In the event the equipment is unable to be recovered by Eldercare (UK) Ltd, you understand that you could be charged a sum equivalent to its current value.
- Allow access for maintenance, repair or recovery of the Eldercare equipment, should this be necessary.